This sub-project intends to integrate AI technologies and intelligent social robots to establish a "smart guardian system for patients with chronic diseases" for elderly care scenarios, which has the following capabilities:
- building a long-term profile of elder's physiological, mental, and cognitive levels, based on which smart health assessment is regularly performed;
- facilitating the connection between the elder’s health profile/assessment and medical or long-term care resources;
- slowing down the elder's cognitive degeneration by providing cognitive training or memory assistance;
- relieving the elder's depression or anxiety through constant interactions with smart social robots;
- easily accessing health/medical information together with telemedicine enabling more thorough home care possible.
By applying AI technologies to the integrated information platform consisting of intelligent robots and computing clouds, this sub-project enables robots to participate in the daily life of the elderly and take on the role of remote care in the home environment. The robots can pay attention to their physical, mental, and cognitive state so as the abnormal changes, especially the critical indicators of chronic disease care and depression counseling. We hope to use innovative technologies to overcome the dilemma of elderly care and help them adapt to aging more smoothly and cope with disease risks.
- Develop health care AI technologies for the elder with chronic diseases that can monitor their daily physiological and mental state, detect multi-dimensional abnormal indicators, and popularize health knowledge on disease prevention and treatment;
- Develop AI models to detect cognitive changes in patients with dementia, further explore AI-assisted cognitive training methods that can reduce the risk of dementia in the elder, and provide necessary memory assistance for improving daily life and social interaction;
- Develop AI and robotics technologies that can reduce the burden on caregivers. In addition to providing auxiliary knowledge of chronic disease and dementia care, it also provides comfort and support for the elder and caregivers through emotion and depression detection.
Telemedicine, Cognitive Assessment, Depression Detection, Robotic Home Manager