Current disease diagnosis and drug development strategy are often encountered with extremely high cost and time-consuming processes. The key to address the above issue is to find out how to efficiently integrate the medical strategy of diagnosis and drugs for specific diseases so that high medical quality can be achieved. In the project, we propose the “Intelligent Computing Precision Medical and Drug Development Platform-AIP4” based on our innovative core technology called interacting building blocks (IBBs). We implemented IBBs and integrated with our knowledge bases accumulated in two decades and the cross-species drug-protein-mutation-network-disease database to establish a service platform, AIP4. AIP4 can potentially provide a wide spectrum of service such as disease diagnosis, biomarkers screening, and targeted drug screening. We envision that AIP4 could reduce the expense and speed up the process of drug development, and achieve the goal of P4 medicine (predictive, preventive, personalized and participatory).
AIP4 provides six major services, including from front-end 1) biomarker screening, 2) disease diagnosis development, 3) disease sub-type identification, to the rear end 4) targeted drug screening, 5) drug repositioning and 6) drug optimization. AIP4 could provide the services for biotech-, pharma-industries, research institutions and hospitals. We have been applied six major services to serve many well-known biotech-, pharma-companies and hospitals in Taiwan, such as Grape King Bio, QuarkBio, ITRI, Scino Pharm Taiwan and Tri-Service General Hospital.
Currently, the precision medicine strategy is not well established, such as the deficient of efficient integration of biomarkers, disease subtypes and precise medication, resulting in the high risk and high side effects during treatment. AIP4 is the first comprehensive platform from disease biomarkers screening to drug development. Our advantage is that we based on our breakthrough development results of interacting building blocks (IBBs) integrated with our knowledge base, bio-big data and AI technology to build up innovative medical service platform on the market. AIP4 provides one-stop service from disease biomarker screening, subtype identification to drug development, and it will improve the accuracy of disease diagnosis, reduce the time course of drug development and become a pioneer in precision medicine.
BioXGEM website: http://bioxgem.life.nctu.edu.tw/bioxgem/index.php
Interaction building blocks, precision medicine, intelligent computing precision medical and drug development platform, comprehensive integration of medical services, P4 medicine
- AI computational model for disease biomarker screening and subtype analysis
- Novel strategy for Breast (TNBC) cancer treatment
- AIP4 collaborated with Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) for TNBC drug development
- AIP4 collaborated with AI-company (NVIDIA) for cancer type prediction.
- AIP4 collaborated with pharma-company (Selvita) for iGEMDOCK commercialization
- AIP4 got the Best Press Attention Award in 2018 Future Tech EXPO
- The only technique team to be praised on Facebook of Minister Liang-Gee Chen, MOST
- AIP4 got the Futuretech Breakthrough Award in 2018 Future Tech EXPO
- Title: Membrane protein-regulated networks across human cancers
- Applying patent in Taiwan and US
- Uses of bupropion and pharmaceutical composition for the manufacture of medicament for treatment of cancer and method for inhibiting migration of tumor cells
PI Jinn-Moon Yang
Professor, Graduate Institute of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, NCTU